Bartinney has been owned by the Jordaan family since 1953 and in 2006 Rose and Michael Jordaan became owners with a vision. At the time Michael was a banker in Johannesburg and Rose, an architect, began restoring the farm to its natural and historic harmony.
The husband and wife team have always been passionate about making things better and can often be found thinking up new ideas and projects over a few glasses of wine on the farm veranda or at their wine bar in town.
Bartinney was formally established in 1920 by a Harrods director who decided to spend the rest of his life in what he described as the most beautiful valley on earth. The 1923 Manor House uniquely blends English Tudor and Cape Dutch styles with a sixteenth century Elizabethan carved beam of black oak, an Elizabethan wrought-iron fireback dated 1653, and Spanish leatherwork and Delft tiles originating from the Cape Castle. The property was bought by Dr Michael Jordaan (Michael’s grandfather) in 1954 and the current generation is the fourth to farm the property.